Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Mushrooms Galore!

I don't usually blog about treasuries I'm in for either of my shops, feeling that it's a lot of "toot your own horn" syndrome. But I got to thinking about that, and it is promoting all the other shops featured in the treasury -- so I think I will share them from time to time : )

I've always thought mushrooms were so cool -- from the 60s and 70s kitsch to the cute felted and sewn ones for gnomes and fairies to sit upon. When we moved into our present home, there were a couple of mushroom plaques left behind -- one painted and one made from decoupaged 3D card cutouts. At the time, I did not want them so my kids took one each to decorate their rooms. (My daughter, especially, is a throwback to earlier times!) And, alas, when they moved out to being on their own, they took their mushrooms with them!!

So I was more than pleased to be included in this cute mushroomy treasury created by Refindlings. You can also see her mushrooms in her shop! To see the actual treasury, just click on the title, and you can also click on the individual photos to go to each shop. And leave a comment if you'd like!



See the trivet? It's mine (well, in my shop!). I also found a mushroom mug which goes with it. They are part of the "Merry Mushroom" line which was a Sears exclusive from 1970 to 1985.


Of course, now this has again sparked my interest in mushrooms so I'll be on the lookout for them at garage sales, etc. I started crocheting real looking mushrooms as part of my food line in Magnolia Surprise, but they fell to my "I'm bored with this, think I'll start something new" habit. I think I'll just have to dig them out and finish the little fungi!!

And I'll be sure to show you more treasuries every now and then -- and not just to "toot my own horn" either! Please be sure to visit that cute mushroomy treasury and check out the mushroomy shops!

♥♥

2 comments:

  1. I include treasuries occasionally on my blog with the same thought of promoting other shops as well. The mushroom treasury is so cute and so is the mug!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mushrooms do have a way of being timeless!
    After seeing your cool toast coasters, I bet your crocheted mushrooms will look great!

    ReplyDelete

Hi! I love reading comments, and appreciate it when you leave one...